***Leave us a comment...

We would love to hear from all of you! Leave a comment or send an email. dbhall0716@gmail.com


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 26-28, 2011

I just love these little wooden bikes. This little guy had his going so fast. They all wanted their picture taken. Boys from Ilima


Friday was Ilima’s day and all went well. On Saturday we spent the day getting our groceries, baking cookies for the elders in Kilunga Hills, preparing our lessons and working on the member applications for their birth certificates. (Preparing to go to the temple takes many months some of them have to be legally married first.) Saturday evening we went to an amazing Italian Restaurant. There were many African Safari vans and Jeeps as many tour groups make it part of the Safari package. I had Spaghetti, the food was yummmmmy and then after we went across the street and had real ice cream on/in cones.

It is Sunday evening. We have returned from our Sunday service at Kymbeke . Again the youth are their great strength. I just love the youth what a blessing. What a chosen people. My goodness it is a privilege to just be here. Just like dad tell them all the time”It is Africa’s Turn and Africa’s Time”. A man asked me to help him learn a budget and help him with his money. Hurray! I can do that. I’ll use some of my Weber High Finance skills with them. How fun is that.

We fasted today as we will be gone on our Safari next Sunday. We will not travel that day and President Broadbent will preside over a special sacrament meeting for all mission couples. We are to take Sunday clothes for that meeting. I am excited for that trip together.

Did you know I have read five books since we have come to Kenya (well one was on the plane). I have never read this much in my life.

Another week is over but a new one begins tomorrow.

...Falling in love with the saints not the smells

These carts are pushed along the roads all throughout Kenya. They are always heavily loaded.
This adorable little guy fell asleep in primary and everyone left him there while they went out for the break. He just slept through it.

Missionaries come to say good bye. Returning to Smithfield Elder Larsen and Elder Dalling Rosevelt, Utah.

No comments: