***Leave us a comment...

We would love to hear from all of you! Leave a comment or send an email. dbhall0716@gmail.com


Friday, November 11, 2011

November 10, 2011

This week has been Young Women’s Training Meetings. As I met with each branches, we have discussed what is going well for them and what they would like to make better/improve. I had to revise my approach a little because I found that setting a goal wasn’t in their understanding. We then wrote three things they could do to help improve. Two branches chose reading the scriptures and two chose to work on Personal Progress. Sister Lucy, the branch president’s wife, was so courageous and admitted that all the past missionary couples had trained them in Personal Progress “but after a while we just drop it and do not work at it”. I tried to enforce that it was an inspired program for young women all around the world. She asked me to come and give more training to their branch. I have finally realized that missionary couples just have to be persistent and encourage them over and over and then the next couples come out and repeat it all over again. We finished our training with Blue Band/Margarine on bread sandwiches, (they love bread to them it is cake) and juice (like kool-aid but not cold), and went to teacher improvement class. I love these sweet ladies.

Mitini Branch Kyambeke Branch
Llima Branch Kilili Branch

No comments: