***Leave us a comment...

We would love to hear from all of you! Leave a comment or send an email. dbhall0716@gmail.com


Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22, 2011

We went to the Tuttles last night and all the couples brought something to add to Sister Tuttles amazing Lasagna. It all tasted so good and dessert was the best. I think I was so hungry for some good food. Dad still didn’t eat much and I really wanted to eat his dessert but I held back. Best carrot cake with cream sauce I have ever tasted. They were all so so very kind and we had a nice evening and a good night’s sleep.

Today Elder Nevin came again for a driving lesson and Dad drove to a shopping mall that had four levels and a grocery store inside. We had lunch at the food court but honest it isn’t good. They give you a bottle of warm soda with a straw no ice. The food seems to all have that garlic, curry, body odor seasoning. I don’t know if I can get use to it. Anyway I am now going to arrange my furniture in here and see if I can make it look more like a home.

A couple is going to work with us on skype but probably not for a while. I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will and then try to get them on my blog. I looked at the blog’s Please keep them updated. They make me smile and cry. We can't get choc chips here and everyone wants them. The chocolate here is really different. I have one package of M&M from the plane but I am saving them. The couples told us we would never see them for 18 months. Mail is not reliable and if an item does get to you it usually takes 4-6 weeks. That is sad but at least we can use the internet. I don't have high speed but it works. Love my grandkids book so much.

No comments: