***Leave us a comment...

We would love to hear from all of you! Leave a comment or send an email. dbhall0716@gmail.com


Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21, 2011

We had a bad night sleeping we haven't quite got the time thing worked out but I am sure tired right now. It is 5:00 in the afternoon. Hopefully we can both make a good night of it this evening. Elder Nevin picked us up this morning around 10:00 and took us to practice driving. He spent over an hour being really patient with Dad as he learned to drive on the opposite side of the road and tried to fight with the traffic. Drivers will just create another lane sometimes if they want and drive so close to the side of you. It is crazy. Then we went to the mission office and met with President Broadbent for over an hour then he gave Dad an awesome blessing and then Dad gave me a blessing. We walked to a restaurant and had a bowl of soup and some bread. Dad is not eating well. He lost 5 lbs in the mission home and I'm sure he has lost another 5. His stomach is just sick all the time. I am learning to work the weird washing machine. It only uses cold water; there is only one hose that goes in to the washer. The dryer is like mine at home.

I have been doing a lot of ironing, as all of our clothes are really wrinkly. The pollution is really bad and it leaves a light dark dust all around. The sister next door told me not to leave clothes out on the laundry porch or it would have a black film on them. Now I can see why people come around and offer to wash your car. The kids in our compound are so stinken cute. They are not poor but still ask for candy. We can't give them any even thought I'd like to. Tonight we are supposed to go to a dinner with all the couples. I'm excited to meet them all.

No comments: