***Leave us a comment...

We would love to hear from all of you! Leave a comment or send an email. dbhall0716@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Scary Day

I had to take time tonight and write about our experience today.  While we were filling up with diesel at the gas station a semi-truck loaded with a large conix-box, slowly kept trying to turn a corner.  Bruce saw him struggling to make the turn so he got in and backed up a few feet.  Slowly slowly the truck kept coming.  Bruce got back in the truck to move our truck back a little more but before he could. . . the truck began to fall over.  It was like watching it happen in slow motion.  Wham! It fell to the ground missing us by a few feet.  We couldn't believe it.  I jumped out and took some pictures quickly and then got back in the truck and got emotional.  Weird I know, but I think it hit me what had happened.  The driver was not hurt.
Many people crowded around but as soon as we got our change and receipt we left for Kilili.  Coming home 8 hours later the truck and trailer were still there in the same place.

3 comments:

The White's said...

Blahhhhhhh. That is so scary. I'm so glad you are safe.

Fox said...

That would be just like dad to see something coming like that he is so observant. I'm glad your safe.

Aly said...

Elders would not have moved the truck. Just so the picture would be more dramatic.